The emergency hotline 061 261 15 15
is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
Link: ON-CALL ROTA
The Health Department of the City of Basel commissioned SSO-Basel to organize and run its official emergency dental service. All dentists licensed to practice in the canton of Basel-Stadt participate in this emergency dental service.
What to do in a dental emergency:
- First call your own dentist.
- If they are not available, the medical emergency hotline (MNZ) 061 261 15 15 will give you the address or telephone number of the on-call dental practice. In urgent cases, the hotline can connect you directly to the on-call dentist.
- The hotline is staffed around the clock.
- The SSO-Basel hotline is available 365 days a year.
- Any emergency treatment will be billed according to the standard scale of fees without any surcharges. This is usually paid for in cash. You are entitled to receive an itemized bill/receipt and any documents produced.
- All members of SSO are obliged to comply with the rules and regulations of the emergency service, the ZBK commission of dental experts and SSO's 2006 Code of Conduct.
The on-call rota
page lists the addresses and telephone numbers of the dentists currently on-call for dental emergencies in Basel.
Please always call ahead first to arrange an appointment.After 6 pm in the evening, always call the 061 261 15 15 hotline
Back to Top